Wayfinding Scheme of the Year 2017 – Groupama Stadium by Populous Activate
The fundamental purpose of a wayfinding scheme is to help people navigate to and through a place. It’s about ensuring the information is placed where it’s needed and can be easily interpreted by people on the move. Increasingly clients are also looking for a design that is distinctive, reflects the character of the brand and/or fits the architectural style of the building.
Entries should not previously have been entered for a British Sign Award
Entries may be submitted by designers and/or sign companies. Joint entries (from designers/sign makers) are acceptable. If it felt to be appropriate it is within the remit of the judging panel to make two awards in this category – for Wayfinding Scheme Design and for Wayfinding Signage Construction and Implementation.
- Provide a brief, bullet-point description of the project – outlining the aims of the scheme and how these were met.
- Detail any particular challenges you had to overcome.
- Describe the types of signage used (include static signs and any electronic/digital signs) and the quantity installed.
- Please state your level of involvement in the project (eg – planning, design, manufacture, installation)
- Provide visual images of your project (up to 6 high quality images, each at 1 – 2 MB)
- Entries must meet British and European standards where applicable (see entry form)
- Innovative design that fulfils its primary wayfinding fuction and expresses the character of the brand or delivers added interest. Construction and implementation of the scheme may also be considered.
- Solutions that demonstrate a true consideration of the user and/or client objectives.
- Compliance with accepted good practice in sign design.