Illuminated Sign of the Year
Illuminated Sign of the Year 2018 – Astley Signs
Lighting technology provides sign makers with myriad options with which to create fantastic illuminated signs. The judges will be looking for an illuminated sign or signs that effectively harness the technologies available and deliver outstanding visual impact.
Projects entered for this award should not previously have been entered for a British Sign Award
- Please provide visual images of the sign (s). (maximum of 6 high quality images, each at 1 – 2 MB). NOTE: If you are entering the Illuminated Sign category, you must submit images of the signs with illumination in operation. The judges will not consider non-illuminated images.
- Provide a brief, bullet-point description of the project
- Please state the scope of your involvement (e.g. design, manufacture, installation). Please state If you worked in partnership with second parties (eg lighting manufacturer, lighting designer etc). NOTE: Joint entries are acceptable – eg joint entry from sign company/lighting designer.
- Describe any innovative elements and/or particular challenges you faced
- Briefly explain the technology employed
- If possible, include a short testimonial from your client
- Entries must meet British and European standards where applicable (see entry form)
The judges will consider the visual impact of the sign(s),particularly when illuminated, the effectiveness/suitability of the signs in their location, the use of technology, and any innovative features.